What should the Joomla! Community expect from OSM?
- OSM must adhere to its published and established reporting procedures.
- Currently the published schedule is monthly financial reports, monthly board meeting minutes, and annual tax filings.
- OSM has an obligation to responsibly use it resources toward its mission and to benefit the Joomla! Community.
- OSM should approve its financial audits, while the President and Treasurer should attest to the audits.
- OSM has a responsibility to establish and regularly determine clear performance measures and share those results with the Joomla! Community.
- OSM should provide information to the public that describes their decisions and decision-making processes. They should make meeting agendas and descriptions of significant decisions available to those who request them.
- OSM should provide its constituents with ongoing opportunities to interact with the board regarding its activities.
- OSM should produce an annual report (either printed or Web-based) that contains information on its activities and performance. The annual report should include:
- An explanation of the OSM's mission, activities and results;
- An explanation of how individuals can access its programs and services;
- Monthly overall financial information, including income and expense statement, balance sheet and functional expense allocation; and
- A list of board members, management staff and contributors.
- OSM should provide multiple means for contacting the organization to request information or provide input.
Solicitation of Community Input
- OSM is encouraged to hold public meetings to gather and distribute information about their approaches, goals and effectiveness in carrying out their missions.